Implementing a Knowledge Management Framework and Culture may be something you have never done before. We have. Through our KM implementation support services listed below, we share our knowledge and experience with you, and allow you to apply the lessons and principles from successful KM programs, and avoid the pitfalls that derailed the unsuccessful programs.
- Implementation planning :
Knowledge Management Implementation is a very hard work. You really only have one attempt, and if this fails, you may find that the concept has become irrecoverably tarnished. An good implementation Plan is needed, based on lessons from successful (and less successful) Implementations in other companies, and tailored to your own context.
- KM Organisation Design : Get an idea of the KM organisational structures, roles and accountabilities that will need to be in place. This is an early step in understanding Knowledge Management.
- Knowledge Management plans allow Knowledge Management to evolve to become a true management discipline; a component part of an integrated project management approach rather than an add-on or an aspiration.
- A pilot project is a project where knowledge management can be applied within the business, to address a specific business problem, and to deliver measurable results, and also to act as a proving ground for Knowledge Management within the business. This can be applied to one division / department of a company, it does not apply only to projects.
- A Knowledge Asset is a way of structuring and presenting knowledge (captured through one of many processes) so as to maximise its ability to be re-used.
Knowledge Assets consist of guidelines, set within business context, enlivened by stories and quotes from experience, and linked to people and documents for further investigation.
The purpose of Knowledge Assets is to transfer learning from one team to another in documented form – across time and geography. It is a way to collate the knowledge needed by the business, in a format that maximises its reuse by other teams and individuals facing the same challenges in future. Kwnoaledge assets are a way to make knowledge exciting, accessible, easy to read and easy to assimilate; something better than another dull report. The knowledge needs is presented in bite-sized chunks in an intuitive way, illustrated with stories, diagrams and pictures, and easily cross referenced
- Training : We can offer you training and support to accelerate your Knowledge Management Implementation.
- Coaching and mentoring : We have acted as guides, mentors and partners to a wide range of Knowledge Management implementation projects in different industries like services, telecoms, public services, … This knowledge and experience is available to support you.